|48||gIV Organization and Implementation of Curriculumh||Previous||Next||JAPANESE|
|eForeign language activitiesf started for grade 5 & 6 pupils in elementary schools under gthe Course of Study for elementary schoolsh (2008) with objectives to foster attitudes to try to communicate actively and to deepen understanding of languages and cultures
¡Contents of Foreign Language Activities (elementary schools)
1 To try to communicate actively in foreign languages
(1) To experience the joy of communicating in foreign languages
(2) To listen to and speak foreign languages actively
(3) To know importance of verbal communication
2 To deepen understanding of Japanese and foreign languages and cultures through experience
(1) To get familiar with sounds and rhythms of foreign languages, while understanding their differences from those of Japanese and realizing the excitement and richness of languages
(2) To become aware of a variety of viewpoints and visions by understanding differences of ways of life, customs and events between Japan and foreign countries.
(3) To deepen cultural and other understanding while communicating with people of different cultures.