BOSNIA and Herzegovina
Function Graphing Software
(GRAph Presentation & Experiment System)
for Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista
GRAPES (GRAph Presentation & Experiment System) allows you to draw the graphs and the loci of most of the functions which appear in the upper secondary school curriculum, and to analyze them from diverse aspects.
Last Update 8/9/2010
Main update informations on GRAPES
- Release of the English version 6.75 (22/12/2009)
- Release of the English version 6.71 (16/02/2009)
- Release of the English version 6.70E (12/02/2009)
- Release of the English version 6.62E (26/10/2008)
- Release of the English version 6.62D (27/09/2008)
- Release of the English version 6.60 (06/05/2008)
- Release of the English version 6.52 (27/05/2007)
- Release of the English version 6.51 (28/04/2007)
- Release of the English version 6.50 (27/12/2006)
- Release of the English version 6.48 (22/03/2006)
- Add a document about GRAPES (21/11/2005)
- Release of the English version 6.45 (11/10/2005)
- Release of the English version 6.40 (20/2/2005)
- Release of the Spanish version 6.21 (18/1/2005)
- Release of the version 6.37 (15/11/2004)
- add a counter (13/09/2004)
- a little modification of this page (21/06/2004)
- Release of the English version (6.32en; 10/03/2004)
- Release of the User's manual in English (26/11/2003)
- Release of the English version (6.22en; 19/07/2003)
For windows 95/98/Me users
- It has been reported that on rare occasions,
GRAPES can freeze when the calculator is
displayed, however the author has never encountered
- This is unaccounted.
You can download
the files of these examples.
- Drawing various graphs
- Graph of function
- Graph of relation (equation/inequality)
- Region defined by inequalities
- Parametric curve
- Graph of polar equation
- Circle, point, segment, polygon, line, vector, rectangle.
- The graphs of most of the functions encountered
at the high school level can be drawn (calculation
of limit value is not supported, but Σ
Expressions can be input as we normally write them down.
- You can miss the multiplication sign.
- Powers, roots, and fractions are displayed as usual.
- If an expression looks ambiguous, you can immediately find how GRAPES interprets it.
- Dynamic graph by increasing or decreasing of parameters and dragging of point
- You can move a graph in real time.
- You can draw a family of curves by parameter change and using after image.
- Particular graph can be manipulated independent
- Vectors can be manipulated as an object, not in terms of their components.
- Grapes supports vector operations (sum, subtraction,
multiplication by real number, inner product)
- Many geometric problems can be tackled by
- You can process simple program by using script.
- Script extends GRAPES' potentialities.
- The examples which can be used immediately are provided for approximate integration, equation solving, and some probability problems, etc.
- Tools for analyzing graphs
- Zoom in or out, and displacing graphs
- Function value and definite integral windows
- Showing expression and coordinates with the cursor
- For the presentation
- You can freely mark on the screen with Marking Pen.
- You can change font size.
- You can add caption wherever you wish.
- Captions (notes, labels) can include letters, expressions, and values.
- Various font formats are available. You can also use vector notation.
- Additional functionalities: print, save, load, changing background paper, etc.
- It's easy to paste an image made by GRAPES to another document, such as when word processor.
- Simple and intuitive manipulation with mouse and the menu buttons.
- GRAPES' architecture is based on the idea that the steps of manipulation should be as few and as simple as possible.
- Many functionalities are embedded in simple interfaces.
- Variety of readily useable examples for many
aspects of GRAPES is given.
- Open the examples, you will recognize the
potentiality of GRAPES.
- You can use these examples in the classroom with necessary changes to fit your purpose.
- This is free software.
Version with Manual and Examples GRAPES 6.23
|English version GRAPES
|HTML users' manual
GRAPES does not have Help facility, except HTML users' manual.
Down load this with the software.
(Translated by T.Miyakawa)
There are many examples from various domains which user can find useful,
specially, examples for conics and
(Translated by T.Miyakawa)
How to extract ?
- The file is self-extracting file. After downloading,
this file will be extracted by double-clicking
on the downloaded file. Avoid extracting
on floppy disks.
- The extracted files will automatically be
added to the "GRAPES" folder, the
latter folder is also created automatically.
You can move this folder anywhere you want.
How to start ?
- Double-click the file "grapes.exe". Making a shortcut on the desktop would be useful.
- It is possible to put GRAPES on a floppy disk and export it to another machine. It is recommended that the software is copied to the hard disk before using it.
- GARPES does not have help file. Instead of this, use this HTML manual.
- GRAPES' syntax, restriction, manipulation, etc. are explained in this manual.
- You can download this manual with GRAPES.
The computer is a strong tool for mathematics
teaching and learning. More examples for
classroom teaching could be a welcome addition
to GRAPES resources. So please send your
and we add it to this page.
Copyright, copy, distribution, ...
Copyright of GRAPES and this manual belongs to Katsuhisa TOMODA.
- Copyright of the data or the images made
by the users with GRAPES belongs to the
- Grapes.exe is translated by Masami Isoda,
Takeshi Miyakawa, Houssein Zand, Yasuyuki Iijima, Katsuhisa Tomoda.
- Manual and Samples are translated
by Masami Isoda, Takeshi Miyakawa, Houssein Zand, Hiroki Yahara, Masaru Sanuki and Abednego Sam Mbatha.
- This page is translated by Takeshi Miyakawa, Katsuhisa Tomoda,
Copy, distribution, and use
GRAPES is a free software. You can freely copy, distribute,
and use this. But no modification of the contents is allowed.
This page is managed by Masami Isoda and hosted at
For further questions or comments on the English version of GRAPES,
please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.